Apple – MacOS, iOS, WatchOS
MacOS, iOS, WatchOS provides a seamless platform to implement complex workflows.
macOS High Sierra introduces new core technologies that improve the most important functions of your Mac. From rearchitecting how it stores your data to improve the efficiency of video streaming to unleashing the full power of your graphics processor, it’s all central to today’s Mac experience.
Your documents. Your photos. Your mail. Your apps. To your Mac, everything you care about is data. And a file system is what organizes all that data into files and folders you can access with a click. Our current file system was designed in the early days of Mac, and it has performed beautifully ever since. But today’s flash‑based Mac systems open up new possibilities for innovation, so it’s time to lay a new foundation. With macOS High Sierra, we’re introducing the Apple File System to every Mac with all‑flash internal storage, with an advanced architecture that brings a new level of security and responsiveness.
- iOS 11 sets a new standard for what is already the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. It makes iPhone better than before. It makes iPad more capable than ever. And now it opens up both to amazing possibilities for augmented reality in games and apps. With iOS 11, iPhone and iPad are the most powerful, personal, and intelligent devices they’ve ever been.
- iPad has always been a powerful way to work, play, and learn. And iOS 11 brings it to life like never before. New features and capabilities
let you get more done more quickly and easily, making your iPad experience even more powerful and personal. Do with it what you will. Because now you can.
- The new Files app brings all your files together. You can easily browse, search, and organize all your files in one place. And there’s a dedicated place for your recent files. Those on your iPad as well as in apps, on your other iOS devices, in iCloud Drive, and across other services like Box and Dropbox.
- The new Dock is a foundational change for iPad. It’s now available from any screen. So with just a swipe, you can open and switch apps instantly. And you can customize it with more of your favorites. Apps you‘ve opened recently and apps that are currently open on your iPhone or Mac appear in the right side of the Dock.
- iOS 11 makes it easier and more intuitive than ever to multitask. You can open a second app right from the Dock, and both apps remain active in Slide Over as well as Split View. You can drag the second app in Slide Over to the left. And you can get back to your favorite App Spaces in the redesigned App Switcher.
Apple today released watchOS 4, the newest version of the operating system designed to run on the Apple Watch. watchOS 4 is a significant update that brings a whole host of new features from new watch faces to tools that will better motivate you to get moving. watchOS 4 can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General –> Software Update. To install the new software, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it needs to be placed on a charger, and it needs to be in the range of the iPhone. In watchOS 4, Apple wants to motivate you to close your activity rings. There are new notifications when you’re close to meeting a goal, more exciting animations when you reach your fitness target, and personalized monthly fitness challenges based on your own activity history.
iCloud securely and safely stores your photos, videos, documents, apps, and more — and keeps them updated across all your devices. So you always have access to what you want, wherever you want it. When you turn on iCloud Photo Library, all the photos and videos you take with iPhone or iPad are automatically uploaded, so you can access them from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and PC and on iCloud.com. By storing all your photos and videos safely in iCloud, you’ll have more space on your iPhone to take even more great shots. And iCloud Photo Sharing makes it easy to show off just the photos and videos you want to just the people you want to see them.
With iCloud Drive, you can securely store all your files in iCloud and access them from your iPhone or iPad in the new Files app, from your Mac, from a PC, or on iCloud.com. And you can easily invite people to view, download, or work on a file with you from anywhere. No creating copies, managing versions, or adding email attachments. iCloud backs up your iOS devices each night when they’re connected to power and Wi-Fi, so you can easily restore all your information.1 And when you get a new device, restore from iCloud so you won’t lose a beat.
You get 5GB of free iCloud storage to get started. If you have larger collections of photos, videos, or documents and more devices to back up, you can easily upgrade your storage plan — up to 2TB. And now you can share a 200GB or 2TB iCloud storage plan with the whole family, so each family member won’t need to buy separate plans.
Corporate Apps – Volume Purchase Program [“VPP”], [“DEP”]
The VPP store lets you purchase world-class apps and engaging interactive books that are great for business. Purchase content in volume and equip your entire workforce with innovation.
From the App Store.
Buy apps in volume for both Mac and iOS through the VPP store. Free apps are also available, so you can provide users with all the tools they need to get their jobs done.
Custom B2B apps for iOS.
Get custom B2B apps built uniquely for you by third‑party developers. Custom B2B apps are delivered privately through the program and at any price, so your business gets exactly what it needs.
Buy content with purchase orders.
Businesses can buy Volume Purchase Program Credit (VPP Credit) with a purchase order for use on the VPP store. VPP Credit can be procured for a specific dollar amount and is delivered electronically to account administrators. Business customers can buy VPP Credit through their Apple purchasing account or through Apple Authorized Resellers.
The Volume Purchase Program provides businesses with complete ownership and control of content through mobile device management (MDM) solutions.
- Flexible options – When you buy apps and books in volume, you can wirelessly distribute apps via third-party MDM solutions directly to your devices. You also have the option to assign content to your users using redeemable codes.
- Managed distribution – Easily distribute apps to devices and employees while retaining ownership and control. Using an MDM solution, assign apps directly to your devices or invite users to participate if distributing via Apple ID. And when no longer needed, apps can be reassigned to another device or different employee.
- Multinational support – Apps purchased and distributed through the Volume Purchase Program can be assigned to users or devices in any country where the app is available. Developers make their apps available in multiple countries through the standard App Store publishing process in iTunes Connect.
How it works.
In just a few simple steps, your business will be set up to purchase and distribute apps and books in volume.
- Enroll in the Volume Purchase Program by creating an Apple Deployment Programs account. You’ll be asked to create a dedicated Apple ID for administering the program and provide basic information about your business.
- Set up program administrators who are responsible for purchasing and distributing content for your organization. A program-specific Apple ID will be created for these new administrators.
- Purchase through the program in three simple steps. First, log in to the Volume Purchase Program store and search for content. Second, enter the quantity you want to buy. And third, complete the transaction with a corporate credit card or VPP Credit.
- Streamline company-wide distribution by assigning apps directly to devices using an MDM solution. Or distribute content to individual employees by providing them with redeemable codes for each app or book. Content can be assigned to devices or users in any country where the app is available from that country’s App Store.