Cannabis Distribution – Delivery – Transfer – Processing
There are multiple types of Cannabis Distribution – Delivery – Transfer – Processing licenses. The regulators have created a difficult position for those in the distributor role. They expected a transportation and supply role. What they got includes responsibility for:
- Collection and remittance of sales and excise taxes to CDFTA.
- Quality control and testing responsibilities to CDPH.
- Packaging and labeling oversight duties.
Types of Distributor Licenses
- Distributor – Is responsible for transporting cannabis goods, arranging for testing of cannabis goods, and conducting quality assurance review of cannabis goods to ensure they comply with all packaging and labeling requirements.
- Transporting cannabis goods
- Arranging for laboratory testing
- Conducting quality assurance review of cannabis goods to ensure they comply with all packaging and labeling requirements
- Storage of cannabis goods
- Distributor transport – Allows a licensee to transport cannabis goods between licensed cultivators, manufacturers, and distributors. A licensee may not transport cannabis goods to a licensed retailer and may not engage in sales.
- Transports cannabis goods between licensed cultivators, manufacturers, and distributors
- Does not transport cannabis goods to retailer except for immature live plants and seeds being transported from a licensed nursery
- Transportation of cannabis goods:
- May only be done by a distributor or distributor transport only licensee or their employees’
- Transport vehicles must have an alarm system
- Medicinal and adult‐use cannabis goods may be transported together if they are clearly identified and secured and separated from each other in the vehicle
- Must generate a shipping manifest prior to transporting