§ 5036. Notification of Theft, Loss, and Criminal Activity
(a) A licensee shall notify the Bureau and local law enforcement within 24 hours of discovery of any of the following situations:
(1) The licensee discovers a significant discrepancy, as defined in section 5034 of this division, in its inventory.
(2) The licensee discovers diversion, the$, loss, or any other criminal activity pertaining to the operations of the licensee.
(3) The licensee discovers diversion, theft, loss, or any other criminal activity by an agent or employee of the licensee pertaining to the operations of the licensee.
(4) The licensee discovers loss or unauthorized alteration of records related to cannabis goods, customers, or the licensee’s employees or agents.
(5) The licensee discovers any other breach of security.
(b) The notification Yo the Bureau pursuant to subsection (a) of this section shall be in writing and include the date and time of occurrence of the theft, loss, or criminal activity, the name of the local law enforcement agency that was notified, and a description of the incident including, where applicable, the items) that were taken or lost.
Proposed Regs. – October 19, 2018
Subsection (b) has been revised to incorporate by reference the new Notification and Request Form, BCC-LIC-027- (New 10/18), to be used by licensees to provide the required notifications under this section. This is necessary for licensees to have clear guidance on how to provide to the Bureau the notifications required under this section. The form also streamlines the notification process by assuring that applicants are able to fulfill its notification requirements without having to complete additional paperwork.