aBIZinaBOX Cannabis -Our commitment to the commercial business in California has caused us to create an industry-centric practice group. The group has professionals in Evanston, IL HQ and Oakland, California. We have devoted several years of study to the application of our regulatory compliance, tax, tech, reporting, and accounting experience and services to the unique requirements of the industry.
You can find our points of presence on the web at One Business – Multiple Interfaces.
Come see us on Greenmarketreport.com with It’s Tax Time: Choosing Cannabis Tax Advisors, and CCT CET: Responsible Persons, “Collection & Remittance of Cannabis Excise Tax [“CET”] & Cannabis Cultivation Tax [“CCT”].
Holy Index Batman! We have added a searchable index of our posts that you can access here, or under the main tab on our navigaton index. We were shocked to see that we had published 300 posts since 12/14/18.
If you would like to get a very quick sense of who we are and what we do, we have just provided quick access to some of our best work in the footer menu…you can use it to quickly access the BEST of aBIZinaBOX Cannabis Practice Group’s thought pieces and articles.
When we say that aBIZinaBOX is engaged and “kicking ass” directly in the fight for our California cannabis industry clients…here is the proof.
The practice is focused on California businesses, and recently Oregon, Washington, and inbound international investment, particularly mezzanine positions. The complexity of the issues facing commercial businesses, we have concentrated on being CPA’s so we do one thing well rather accept mediocrity in several. We have added a new summary page on Paying Taxes With Cash.
Ask us about our Cannabis Biz Platform that combines “best of breed” cloud apps with our cannabis industry experience and expertise with taxes, accounting, and regulatory compliance. We are offering an AMAZING deal from now through the end of the year.
While you are at it, ask us about Cannabis Cooperative Associations [“CCA”] Corner which facilitates producers [“Cultivators”] being able to efficiently manage marketing, Distribution, Extraction and Transportation operations, and the cutting sarcasm of our images in NoseintheBook Galleries.
Read about our CEO, Jordan S. Zoot, CPA in the Tax Notes article, The Business of Tax: Cannabis Tax Advising Growing Like Weeds. Don’t forget to visit our main site for general practice information at aBIZinaBOX.com.
Our CPA Cannabis Experience
We have substantial experience and expertise in the industry :
- The unique financial record-keeping needs of cultivators, retailers, extractors, processors, and distributors.
- Experience with the selection of optimal operating structures for each participant in the industry.
- Experience in adjusting structures and modifying financial record-keeping to comply with a rapidly evolving regulated California market.
- An understanding of the challenges presented by a long history in the industry of “doing business in cash” and the associated problems.
- A practical understanding of the banking, card processing, and anti-money laundering issues applicable to this industry including the role of a Kovel Accountant.
- Substantial hands-on experience with the relevant Regulators.
- Both of our Managing Directors have over thirty-five years of professional practice experience.
Focused Expertise relating to California Commercial Cannabis CPA Practice
- Media Room on ePRNews – is exactly what it sounds like. – The Newsroom of aBIZinaBOX Cannabis Practice Group
- Our reel which contains some samples of our work. aBIZinaBOX Cannabis Group – Reel
- The story about how we, managing our own SEO internally and brought a domain that was new in December 2017 with a DA of 0 to a DA of 20 in eight months which gives us search and market parity with BridgeWestCPAs and Henry Levy Group. – aBIZinaBOX Cannabis – Moz DA – 20
- I write a weekly column for CannabisLaw.report which has > 80K weekly followers called “According to Zoot”, and our profile appears on the site at aBIZinaBOX Cannabis. The publisher, Sean Hocking is a wonderful reference for us.
- We published a series of technical white papers that address accounting, tax and regulatory compliance for new California cannabis businesses called Cannabis Business Start-Up Series.
- We produced a comprehensive set of due diligence tools for private equity investors to use themselves or retain us to do called Due Diligence Suite
- We developed a series of commercial business documents including manifests, purchase orders, etc that are fully compliant with the IRS, FTB, CDTFA and the California cannabis regulatory agencies which we call California Commercial Document Suite [“CCDS”].
Our experience includes issues relating to permitting, licensing as well as reporting and paying marijuana excise tax and gross receipts tax at the municipal and county level.
We have developed effective strategies for addressing the onerous impact of the limitation on the deduction of ordinary and necessary business expenses imposed by Internal Revenue Code § 280E on businesses engaged in “trafficking” in a controlled substance. Our IRC Sec. 280E Repository contains a number of articles both our own original analysis and cutting-edge thought from other sources. Check it out. it is NOT the “same old bullshit that everyone else posts and claims IRC Sec. 280E expertise.
A Leader in California Commercial Cannabis Industry CPA Practice
aBIZinaBOX’s – Cannabis will continue to monitor on a daily basis the evolution of the regulation of California’s cannabis industry to retain our position as a leading cannabis CPA firm with practical expertise. We will maintain our position as a leader in financial record-keeping and report for California cannabis by continually adjusting to the demands of this evolving industry.
Fudd – Dope CPA.cool
We upgraded the search function on our website. The site now uses Google Custom Search to search this site, our parent site, the cannabis regulators in California – BCC, CDPH, CDFA, CDTFA, FTB and the IRS.